755 memory questions

1. Can I use a DRAM card and a DIMM at the same time?
2. Is there an advantage to either over the other?
3. Is parity memory worth paying extra for?  I heard
   somewhere that the Pentium thinkpads don't even use it.

I'd like to add 8 meg (or more) to an 8 meg 755CX.
I'm wondering if I can do this via a 4 meg card and a 4 meg
DIMM, since I know where I can get a 4 meg card pretty cheap
so there would be some savings compared to buying an 8 meg card.

tnx