755CX: Some Solutions, some queries (SlimSCSI anyone?)

As to my earlier questions: [1] already answered, there is a device for
Adaptec, called AirPort. [2] under Windows there was a remove icon for OS/2
Warp; and [3] the TCP/IP directory was not for Ethernet, just over modem
lines only, though, so I will not be using it (deleted it).  Also, let me
state for the record: the 800*600 screen is terrific and much better for use
than 640*480.  It is definitely worth a lot.

Now, I have managed to prepare my hard disk for NeXTStep
Installation---although this is still a way off.  First, the positive
experiences that others might be interested in:

+ There is a public domain tool called FIPS, which repartitions hard disks
(in general, not for NS).  I had to defragment the disk, which was a bit of a
problem, until I figured out that hidden files are not movable.  After I
made everything unhidden (using attrib for the whole disk), I could defrag.
I also deleted some files whose meaning I failed to understand (especially,
in root there was "wp root" "ea something" "syslevel.tp" "safe/total.mem" and
a few other items).  Generally, it is a bad idea to delete hidden system
files, but I really could not figure out what these things were doing.  FIPS
works like a charm.

+ Stacker: worked like a charm---but the diskcache now complains that it
cannot cache disk C.  So, I removed the C+ argument in autoexec.bat, and the
error went away.  1993's "pkunzip" cannot create directories now; not sure if
this is PCDOS or stacker, though.

+ Modems: I got strange function code errors from PC Card Director on my
PCMCIA MHz modem, until I figured out that I had to disable the IR receptor.

Now here are some problems (in order of importance):

* I own an Adaptec SlimSCSI PCMCIA.  It is recognized by name, but nothing
seems to work with it.  I have the old version 1.2a of the software that came
with it (but it fails).  I also tried PC Card Director, but it thinks that
the SlimSCSI is a memory card (even after I uncommented the ATA device line
in config.sys).  If you have succeeded in installing SlimSCSI for DOS, could
you please drop me a note what software (and version) you are using?  Perhaps
you could let me ftp it, too?

* Is there a hardware reset button on the 755CX?

	... and minor:

* How do I use FaxWorks/Win with my PCMCIA card?

* Is there a way to exchange data between Lotus Organizer and CalendarMaker?

* What is the premiere shareware Terminal emulator under Windows?  I use
Kermit right now, but would perhaps like to try something else.

/ivo welch

PS: If anyone has succeeded in booting NeXTStep off an external SCSI drive
using the Adaptec PCMCIA card, please send me mail.  (This is unlikely.)