Re: Disabling suspend mode on TP755CE

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Dennis J. Gormley wrote:

> I have two questions which didn't seem to be addressed in my perusal of the
> user's guide:
>
> 1) Will the TP755CE go into suspend mode if it is operating while the AC power
> supply is connected?
>
> 2) If so, what is the technique for disabling suspend mode (other than hitting
> Fn-Fwhichever one it is)?

If you're using Windork (or possibly even OS2 or Lose95) you can open the
applet (PS2WIN), then pick the Power option. There's a CUSTOMIZE button
which will allow you to alter the behavior of the 4 modes - low, med,
high, AC. You can tell AC to spin down the HD, as I did (quieter!)
although the default is never, I think. You can tell the low power mode
to never spin down the HD. Obviously there are changes you can make which
will defeat the usefulness of these presets (ie - make them all the same)
but it's nice to be able to customize the behavior.

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          #tar -cvf /dev/tape /* #, how goddam hard is that??