Re: suspend recovery problem

Addressed to: D. Gwyn Jones <dgj@mfltd.co.uk>
              TP750 Listserve <tp750@cs.utk.edu>

** Reply to note from D. Gwyn Jones <dgj@mfltd.co.uk> 08/29/95 10:13am GMT

> I've noticed similar resume problems with my 755c when using Warp. And as
> has been mentioned in another note stream, the ON/OFF switch is ignored
> while in suspend mode.
>
> I could never even get suspend to work with OS/2 2.11, so when I had this
> occasional problem on Warp with resuming from suspend, I put it down to
> the oft-discussed bug where suspend/resume is affected if you use a power
> on password (like I do).
>
> However, I've recently discovered that resume is in fact working! If you
> have a power on password, it prompts you to type it in on resuming, and
> what I have seen is that sometimes when using the LCD, the screen doesn't
> come up. However, if you assume it has in fact displayed the prompt and
> you enter it normally, then the screen comes to life and OS/2 returns!

One of the ways that you can identify this 'Partial Resume' is to look at the
'resume' light.  It will blink  when it is in this state.

> So I guess it is just an issue with resume on Warp sometimes failing to
> restart the display at the prompt stage of the process. Since I discovered
> this, I have never had suspend/resume fail - it is just 50/50 whether the
> password prompt is actually visible.

*********************
* Kris D. Williams   email: krisdw@ezl.com  <-- Note my new email address
*
*
*
* Instructor/Developer: Mobile Platform Education
*
*                       IBM Education and Training
*
*
*
* Co-Owner:             Incomm "Sensible Solutions for the Road Warrior
*
*
*
* My opinions are my own.  Really they are!
*