Re: 810mb HD

I'm not sure about 19 vs 12mm in 810 meg drives.  For 500 meg,
there used to be a premium but the price is now about the same.
I have an off-brand notebook which can take a 19mm drive
but came with a 12.5mm 540 meg drive, which they must have
just used for convenience's sake.

I see 500 meg drives with thinkpad caddies advertised for
$699 but that seems awfully steep.  A while back, I remember
seeing empty caddies advertised for $179.00 or something like
that.  Wasn't there some discussion on this list about getting
caddies made by a plastics company once?