Re: 810mb HD

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Paul Rubin wrote:

> $650 is not such a good price for an 810 meg drive these days.
> Flipping thru the ads in Computer Shopper I saw some places
> selling them for under $500.  It wasn't clear whether that
> was a 19mm high unit or 12.5mm, but generally there doesn't
> seem to be much of a premium for 12.5mm.

That's contrary to my experience. I found the 12.7s were almost $100
more. Of course, this was in late May when they were a little more scarse
than now, perhaps it's changed. I'd pay a bit of a premium for
returnability personally. <shrug>

Anyone got an idea about current 500M _with_ caddies prices? I'm toying
with getting one to run FreeBSD on....

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton