Re: TP-755CX keyboard release problem

>OK, more research on the "wrong way round catches"
>
>Second, I investigated a 750C and a 755C, and both have the wrong
>way round catches. Remembering more clearly, I believe in fact that
>it was with the arrival of the 750C that I started to have this problem.
>I clearly remember that at least one of the earlier machines (700C and or
>720C) did NOT have this problem.
>
>I really think that Joseph has put his finger on exactly the right
>explanation. A small, but quite annoying, screw up!

Robert,

Unless you had a VERY different Thinkpad 700C / 720C from mine, the keyboard
on these models didn't lift up.  But there latches were released by pushing
forward rather than towards you.

... patrick

        Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

        phong@phsmc.synapse.net            (613) 769-1544