Linux 755CE w/ Dock I

   Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 08:28:24 -0700
   From: asdf@ono-sendai.incog.com (Glenn Scott)

   Hi all,

     I'm trying to configure Linux (kernel 1.2.8) to use my CDROM in
   my Dock I.  I have read the "Linux on the IBM ThinkPad" paper, but
   the section on configuring for a Dock I CDROM is not clear to me.

     I have probed the SCSI card and it does identify itself as an
   "IBM F1 BIOS V1.2009/23/93" so that matches what I expected.  But
   it's clear that there is more.

     So, does anyone have a description of what I need to do to get
     this going?

This has apparently been accomplished by someone -- check out this
URL, then select "The Docking Stations" for the details:

    "http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/tp-linux.html"

     Actually, I have yet to get the mouse to work as well...

The mouse should be a standard PS/2 busmouse.  You need to enable this
support in the kernel to get it working.  It's possible that there's
something funny about the Dock I mouse interface, but this is
unlikely.