Re: Disk slower in 755CX

By my naive understading of such things a 100MHz processor runs on
a 33MHz bus, whereas a 75MHz processor on a 25MHz bus.  Moreover,
the TP755CX does not have any wider bus than the 755CSE--
i.e. both are 32-bit VESA bus.  Thus, the CX IS a slower machine
in some respects than the CSE, especially for operations that
involve data transfers over the memory bus.

Moreover, the Pentium being a 64-bit processor, I would also
expect some tendency toward memory starvation, even for those
computations where the wider register size might pay off.

Until IBM gets around to putting a 100MHz Pentium in, the benefit
of upgrading is not clear.

--Ted Baker