Re: Where to get a bigger HD?

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, John H. Kim wrote:

> The standard site for this info is
>
>   http://www.shadow.net/~dwhite/thinkpad.html
>
> Unfortunately, the info there is somewhat dated.

Gee, funny you should mention that. <grin>

One of my projects here at work is a machine that I've plopped the
Netscape server onto, and with the T1 link just around the corner (it's
currently a HORRID 56K pipe.. ew.) I was thinking of moving the Thinkpad
page over there.

Now, it's not worth doing unless I spruce it up a bit, and the things I'd
like to see improved are:

some archived or linked TP tech documents
An improved HD upgrade page
A list of memory sources we've all had positive experiences with
Links to other Thinkpad pages
Links to Linux on Thinkpad pages/info
Links to FreeBSD "  "  "
Links to OS/2 " " "
Links to Lose95 " " "
An HTMLized FAQ (if possible) with links to tips and stuff
Majordomo "how to unsubscribe" info and stuff
etc

I'll be glad to coordinate and implement, but I need some assistance. Is
there sufficient interest? The current home of the page has some serious
storage limitations, but the new one I can spare 50M or so easy.

If there are any takers of people who'd like to be involved, email me and
let me know.

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton