Linux sound

Here's what I know so far about Linux and sound:

Someone at IBM in Japan claims to have sound working on a TP750c using
the AD1484 (Microsoft Sound System) drivers.  This should be identical
to the other TP750's, and the TP755C/CS.  He is supposedly working with
IBM's intellectual property people on getting the thing released, but
we all know how slow IBM can be.  If anybody has gotten it working, I
would *love* to know.  For more info, check out:

  http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/tp-linux.html

The TP755CSE/CE/CD/CX/CV use the MWave DSP for soundblaster emulation.
I'm not well versed on the particulars, but given the problems with
drivers for OS/2, I would think Linux drivers are rather unlikely
unless it emulates the SB in hardware without having to load drivers.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams