Re: Linux/X & TP755CX

> http://www.castle.net/~darin/notebook_video_chips.txt

Hi Brad,

  I had tried the procedure described at this web site before posting my
request.  Unfortunately, the procedure doesn't work.  No matter what
settings I try, the ThinkPad always shows the same screen - the top 2/3
show alternating white & black scan lines, while the bottom 1/3 of the
screen is black except for a vertical white stripe near the right-hand
edge of the screen.  I have tried all possible dot clocks from 28MHz up
through 80MHz.  It *should* work at about 36MHz, but it doesn't.  The
modeline that I *thought* should work is this:

 ModeLine "800x600" 36  800 824 896 1024  600 601 603 625

Again, this works perfectly fine on the external monitor, but gives
garbage on the LCD.  This is getting *really* frustrating...

					-Jim Lee
					jlee@ece.orst.edu

P.S.  Thanks anyway for your help...