Re: Removing OS2 from my TP750

On 16 Aug 1995, Michael Verne/VENTANA wrote:

> ".....do *not* delete the boot manager!....."
>
> It's been my experience that you can delete the boot manager partition, as long
> as, when you reformat the primary dos partition, you make it bootable (format
> /s).

Actually, the primary partition must ALREADY be bootable. What you need
to do if you remove the boot manager partition is make the DOS (or
whatever) partition _active_ (or startable, some people say). Easy to do
from fdisk with the set-active-partition option.

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton