Re: Drivers for 3Com Etherlink III - 3C589B?

On 27 Jul 1995, Michael Verne/VENTANA wrote:

> I'm not sure what all of your needs are, but the tcp/ip stack that comes with
> the WFWG license (WinTCP) serves all of our thinkpads beautifully for inet
> access over the LAN.  We use the Xircom, not 3Com, cards, but we don't need no
> steenking Trumpet to get T1 speed ftp/telnet/www etc.  not sure what you mean
> by SLIP over the LAN, unless you mean redirecting a com port to a network modem
> & SLIPing in from there, in which case you will need something more than
> WinTCP.  But if your inet server is on your LAN, all you need is the ip
> addresses of the server & the gateway to get there with WinTCP (you'll also
> avoid spending windoze memory on a third party product).

I do not plan to run SLIP over LAN, just ftp and telnet.  I will use SLIP
with the modem.  I understand that Trumpet supports SLIP.

The TP has plain vanilla MS Windows 3.11, not WfWG 3.11 and no WinTCP,
unless I have to upgrade to WfWG.

Regards,

VGA (val@cast.msstate.edu)

Valentine G. Anantharaj --------------- val@cast.msstate.edu ---
MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology     vga1@ra.msstate.edu    |
Bldg. 1103, Room 233                    Tel.: (601)688-1157    |
Stennis Space Center                    Fax:  (601)688-7100    |