Re: diskette factory - disk size?

> Since IBM did not ship the system diskettes, I am trying to use Diskette
> Factory to make a copy of the software and utilities.  When I try to use
> the Diskette Factory, it prompts me for 2MB disks; but I believe I only
> have 1.44MB diskette drive, as shipped by default by IBM.

	The disks you speak of are actually a 2 MB capacity--its just that
when you format them, the formatting data takes some space and all you have
left is 1.44 MB of disk space.

	By the same token, 2.88 MB floppy disks are actually 4 MB in raw
capacity.

	So just use the standard "1.44 MB" floppy disks you are familiar
with and you'll be fine.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Hope Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner