Re: NEW THINKPADS

I HATE the trackpoint-style thing on the Portege, I find it unusable,
basically it is a tiny, very inaccurate joystick, at least I am assuming
the old and new Portege are the same here.

Also the screen on the Portege is not nearly as nice (certainly not as
nice as the new 600 x 800, but not even as nice as the old TP screen),

still in general marketing terms, I think you are right, and indeed I
should update my shopping list to say 90 MHz Pentium whlie I am at it,
because that is what you can get on the Portege -- you can also get a
big capacity external battery.