Re: Warp/CD ROM/TP755? question

On Wed, 12 Jul 95 14:01:36 -0400 you wrote:

>can you tell me a little bit more about the Microsolutions Backpack,
>how heavy is it, how much does it cost. Of course I assume you cannot
>install Warp off this!
>
>thanks for your help

I paid $354 from USA Flex about 2 months ago, but the price has come
down a little since then.  It's fairly large - about the size of one
of the NEC's, but it's much lighter.  It's not something you would
want to stick in your briefcase and carry around with you if that's
what you're looking for.  I had used one of the NEC parallel adapters
for their SCSI CD players at work and was looking for something for
myself that would be easier to set up and use on both my desktop and
laptop at home.  I am not planning to carry it around, so size and/or
weight didn't matter.

As far as being able to install Warp with it, I did not since it was
already installed on both machines, but I understand that Team OS/2
used one extensively at COMDEX in Atlanta to do just that and that it
was very successful.  I would think all you would need to do it to
edit the config.sys on the Install floppy, copy the driver over to the
Install floppy, and off you'd go!

If you have a US fax number, I'll fax you the spec sheet.

Jane