Re: AC Adaptor

>There is a small problem in the design of the AC adaptor.  The end that plugs
>into the ThinkPad is a rigid connector about 1.5in (3.75cm) long that sticks
>straight back from the ThinkPad.  When I was working with IBM to diagnose a
>problem (turned out to be a bad DSP card), they asked for my machine's serial
>number each time I called.  That means I had to tilt the machine up to see the
>tag on the bottom.

One of the guys on my devlopment team was teaching a class on these last
month and had one of the students break their end also.  Looks like someone
overlooked the characteristics of mobile computing, much like they did with
the Port Replicator (no support when TPad legs are used).  All in all
though, I really like the new AC Adaptor.  It takes up a lot less space in
my case, and anything that takes up less space has got to be good thing.

|Kris D. Williams<krisdw@basenet.net>                           |
|Instructor/Developer:Mobile Education-IBM Education & Training |
|Co-Owner:InComm - Sensible Solutions for the Road Warrior      |
|My opinions are my own (really!)                               |