TP 750Cs, Docking Station, CDROM, and Linux

I'm writing to see if anyone can tell me how to get Linux to recognize
the CDROM in the docking station for my TP 750Cs.

I've tried compiling kernels with recognition forced for both Adaptec
and FD-8xx drivers; neither worked.  The BIOS ID string seems to be at
near 0xca000.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Olsen, P.E.,                                        pcolsen@acm.org
        P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410 USA, 410-997-8584