Re: Thirdparty (not TP-Proven by IBM) memory for 75X

"....TP-Proven, and IBM 16 MB DIMMS alone are TP-Proven.  Who are the other
reputable memory vendors beside the three above?  I believe some offer a
lifetime warranty (whatever that means) eventhough not TP-Proven?

What are the experiences in this forum with these thirdparty memory?
Also, if I added one of these non-TP-Proven DRAM or DIMM would it void
the IBM International Warranty on the TP?...."

I've had nothing but success with the Viking Platinum 16MB cards & the Simple
Technology 16MB cards.  I don't remember how much the Viking cost, but the
Simple 16MB card is $750.  I had a bad SIMM socket on one of the TPs & tech
support at IBM never mentioned voiding the warranty by using Simple cards.
They just don't guarantee they'll work.  I had to also try an IBM card for them
to work on the box.  I got a new system board, so I guess it wasn't void.

Michael J. Verne
mverne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.