Re: need /dev/bmouseps2

>   I would like to thank the people who sent a response about installing
> Linux on a ThinkPad.  Once I used
>   boot: mount root=/dev/fd0 floppy=thinkpad
> the boot process (off the boot and root floppies) went fine and I
> have since installed Linux as well as most of the other *goodies* like
> emacs and TeX.

Hurray!

>   I have just gotten XFree86 to work except for the following ...
>
>   To recognize the trackpoint, X-windows seems to need a device with
> the file name /dev/bmouseps2.  When I looked in the my Linux /dev
> directory, I didn't see a bmouseps2 file.  All I saw was a mouse file
> and so I have configured XFConfig with /dev/mouse instead of
> /dev/bmouseps2   Would anyone know where I could get either a binary
> of /dev/smouseps2 or the source to compile it?

The device to use is /dev/psaux.  It should already be in your /dev
directory.  You may need to compile your own kernel and include PS/2
type mouse support.

> Thanks in advance.
> - Allen Moy

| "Psst. Hey Guido. It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the   |
| cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it. That's |
| why he's gonna kill us. So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets      |
| loose the marmosets on us! Don't worry, little missy! I'll save you!"  |
+------------------ Brad Pepers -- pepersb@cuug.ab.ca -------------------+