TP755CE - memory slots?

I am in the process of ordering a TP755CE.  I really would prefer to have
24mb memory.  I am interested in running Linux and X and do some
scientific data crunching and graphics that require more memory.  (I know
755CX would be a better choice, but this is all I can afford now, and I
prefer a TP for various other reasons) But I can afford only 16mb right
now.  I would like to be able to add 8mb or more in the future if I can.

Could someone please tell me how many slots there are, and how I can best
optimize the costs?  If I order a TP now with 16mb will it fill the
slot(s) making it not possible to add more chips in the future?  If so,
then I may prefer to order the base configuration of 8mb and add one 16mb
card/chip later.

Please give me your knowledgeable advice and experience.

Regards,

VGA

Valentine G. Anantharaj --------------- val@cast.msstate.edu ---
MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology     vga1@ra.msstate.edu    |
Bldg. 1103, Room 233                    Tel.: (601)688-1157    |
Stennis Space Center                    Fax:  (601)688-7100    |