Re: TP755CE not in stock? ... (SUMMARY)

Thanks for all who responded.  I did not really intend for the digression
in this thread.  I have got some good help from this list.  I hope this
can wind-up this thread (along with the digression which, if necessary,
really needs another thread altogether).

We were able to negotiate with a local IBM authorized dealer to match the
New York prices below -  shipping, taxes, and delivery included!  This
dealer seemed to be quite eager to work with us as a new client with
potential future business with them.  Apparently, nearly 50% of their
business is with educational and government orders.  We were even able to
negotiate 8mb memory prices for TP755CE for under $400 which is the best
we have been able to find.  Whoever thought can not be be competitive
with nationally known outfits!

So, the waiting is the hardest part now!

Best regards,

VGA

Valentine G. Anantharaj --------------- val@cast.msstate.edu ---
MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology     vga1@ra.msstate.edu    |
Bldg. 1103, Room 233                    Tel.: (601)688-1157    |
Stennis Space Center                    Fax:  (601)688-7100    |