16MB DRAM Card Error?

Hi, all!
I am Stu Feld, the happy owner of a 755C (75MHzDX4/540MB HD).
  I recently decided to upgrade my TP to 20MB and purchased a 16MB
memory card from my local authorized IBM dealer.  The card is a Viking
Components Platinum card (I5109/66G5109) and is parity memory. When I
picked up the card, I brought my pad in and installed the card on the
spot.  When I tried to boot,

20096 KB Ok

appeared, but the machine hung with the floppy drive LED lit.

Hmmm...
I then tried to run EZ-Setup by holding down the F1 key on powerup and I got

20096 KB OK

 191FE

and it hung without the floppy LED lit.

I then tried a different card, thinking that possibly the card was bad,
but with the same effect.  Next I pulled the card out (started up fine)
and ran EZ-Setup and disabled the parity check, thinking possibly the
cards had non-parity memory.  Restarted the machine, and all was OK
still.  Then, put back in the card.  Now, it gave

20096 KB OK

 191FE

and hung without the floppy LED lit.  I am at a loss as to what is
going on, and I would appreciate any assistance.  EZ-Setup gives the
following info about the machine:

BIOS			89G5214
Date			6/14/94
Model			F8