re : help needed with 755 and 14.4 modem DSP

Good news!

	After talking to IBM today and getting a lot of ideas from here
I have dialin terminal emulation that is as good to eye as the megahertz
dsp. IBM told me to upgrade MWave to 1.1 (look in MWAVE.INI in win dir fo
OEM = 1.0), and I FTPd it from ftp.pcco.ibm.com. Its a silly install making
DSKs that you have to put on 7 floppies. BUt the new software has much improved
negotiation skills and I get a 90% hit rate on 14.4, and 10% on 9600. V42.bis
seems to be working and helping out. My init string in Procomm is
ATZ\N0%C0 which is V42.bis on and MNP5 off.

	Thanks again!

	Simon
PS Has there been a manufacturing problem with 755 keyboards? My keys
are awful to push down on, they all felel like they're sticking to the keys
next to them. I don't remember being like this initially, and hope as I use
the 755 more I break it in!
/// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM          //
/// Daugherty Systems                    ||| 314-432-8200 office              //
/// St Louis                             ||| 314-257-8018 home                //
///                                      ||| 314-694-3207 client office       //
/// All opinions and thoughts are mine and not those of my employer or client /
/// Use anything in here at your own risk                                   \\\