Re: help neeed with 755 and 14.4 modem DSP

>	Anyhow, I am using ProComm Plus (very nice s/w. I think the best for
>DEC VT220 emulation!) and have the modem speed set to 38400. In the Windows
>setup, I have the COM port (Port 1 I think) set to 19200 which is the highest
>it offers in the radio buttons. Does this offer any clues?

It sounds to me like you've got everything set right. The COM port setting
in Windows setup doesn't make a difference here, I think. The important
thing is the Prcocomm Plus Modem/Data Connection, Default Baud Rate, which
you have set to a high enought speed to allow compression. I guess you could
try setting it to 57,600, but I really don't understand why your throughput
seems much slower than with your old modem. Sorry, but I can't think of
anything else you can do that you aren't already doing.

David Hite - dhite@mitre.org