PCMCIA Hard drives

I apologize if this questions has already appeared on the list.

I am considering purchasing a PCMCIA hard drive for my ThinkPad 355. I have seenat least two manufacturers, and the cost is approximately $300 for a 130MB
and $340 for a 170MB.

I would like to know if they work well with Thinkpads, if they are reliable,
if they use a lot of battery power and if they are fast or slow.

The othe roption I am considering is purchasing a second hard drive, but IBM
asks $500+ for the 340MB drive. Are there othe rvendors that offer more affordable small (about 200MB) hard drives for Thinkpads?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

(If you have a used drive you want to sell, please let me know)