Re: does anyone have list price of 1.2 gig drive handy?

On Jun 21,  2:02pm, Robert Dewar wrote:
} In the case of disks,
} providing a multi-year guarantee is in itself very expensive, and markups
} of this type are pretty much standard.
}-- End of excerpt from Robert Dewar

I know squat about disk pricing, so this discussion is interesting to me,
but I think the above point is frequently overlooked (judging by how often
I overlook it myself).  The level and length of support that IBM provides
is one reason why many of us have bought this "overpriced" hardware in the
first place.  Does anyone have an educated ballpark figure regarding the
mean per pad cost for support over three years?

Eugene Fiume.