Re: does anyone have list price of 1.2 gig drive handy?

"        Elasticity issues aside, the general rule of thumb is the
lower prices = more units sold thing.  Perhaps IBM makes their
decisions based on maximizing dollar figures based on projections
showing fewer units sold but more $ brought in--I don't really know.
I do say that I wish that weren't the case."

of course they price to maximize revenue based on an estimate of
elasticity of the market, this is after all economics 101!