User Profile

>While I had a TP755CD in my hands as its replacement, I decided to wait for
>the 755CX.  Hopefully I won't regret it but I figured I needed the power more
>than the ability to play CD ROM games.

I considered the same issue until I learned that IBM will soon be shipping a
Pentium upgrade to the 755CD.  With the upgrade in place, the CX has three
primary advantages: thinner (the CD adds about 0.25in or 0.625cm), better
screen (800x600 instead of 640x480), and longer battery life (Li+ instead of
NiMH).  I've also heard rumors that IBM may make Li+ batteries available for
the entire 755 series late this year.

For me, the integrated multimedia features were worth the reduced screen
resolution and slightly increased size.  The CD-ROM drive is useful for more
than just games.  I am a multimedia designer and use he CD-ROM drive for stock
media libraries, CD-ROM-based interactive presentations, and portable database
access.

Even if you aren't a heavy multimedia user, keep the 755CD+Pentium upgrade
option in mind.  Pentium power shouldn't be the primary motivation for going
with the CX--though there are other reasons that may be compelling in your
case.

Be seeing you...
--Lang
ITC Consulting Group           integrated communication consulting services
915 Cole Street #151           networks * publishing * training * design
San Francisco, CA 94117        +1 415 861 7688           itc@apocalypse.org