Re: does anyone have list price of 1.2 gig drive handy?

On Mon, 19 Jun 1995 13:06:29 -0700 sandy@sandy.com wrote:

>Based on information from IBM's WWW page, they show the 1.2Gb
>drive as part# 85GB561.  I believe the last time I looked, the
>list price was $1795.00 (gee...great price IBM...thanks).  ;-)

For this price you could probably buy an 810MB hard drive, a PCMCIA SCSI
adapter, and an external 1GB hard drive.

It seems IBM's inept management still remains in control of one area
at IBM -- pricing.
| | John H. Kim          "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like    |
| | jokim@mit.edu        'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole  |
| | jokim@uni.uiuc.edu   on Bill Clinton's avoidance of the word "taxes." |