Re: does anyone have list price of 1.2 gig drive handy?

Based on information from IBM's WWW page, they show the 1.2Gb
drive as part# 85GB561.  I believe the last time I looked, the
list price was $1795.00 (gee...great price IBM...thanks).  ;-)

The new issue of Byte magazine discusses 1Gb+ hard drives for
laptops and indicates that the IBM 1.2 Gb (available late June)
will sell to laptop "manufacturers" for $790.00 (I assume in quantity).
Byte also indicates that other manufacturers, including Toshiba are
expected to release 1Gb+ laptop drives by August.

I think I can get by with my 810Mb drive for awhile and wait for prices
to drop to a more reasonable level.

                    _\//__
     --Sandy       / _  _ \   "You're only dollars away"
         | InterNet : sandy@sandy.com |
                .oooO    (   )
                   \_)