Re: Warp & APM (was SVGA Win-OS/2 under Warp)

> My guess is that the problem is fixed, and the person
> you talked to at IBM is (typically) clueless.

Clueless, yes.  Fixed, no.

First of all, Chris Hanson was correct when he stated that the
suspend/resume problem only occurs when the power-on password
is enabled.  Maybe no big deal to some, but my situation here
at work requires that I use the password.  With the password
enabled, the machine will lock hard more often than not when
attempting to use suspend/resume.

Secondly, this is not 3xx series specific.  In fact, I was first
made aware of the problem by one of the 750 users on this mailing
list.  To demonstrate this to yourself, try this:

With your PCMCIA card installed and your AC adapter plugged in and
powered-up, start your machine and then initiate hibernation.
Now power your machine back on with the battery removed and see if
it doesn't result in a lockup which requires the sevices of the
reset button in order to recover from.

To be experiencing these problems is one thing; to have IBM just
blow it off as unimportant is another.  I had assumed (incorrectly,
I guess) that IBM would stand behind its products.  I don't think
it's too much to ask that IBM's products work as advertised.

--
Karl E. Yeanoplos
Denver, CO