Re: SVGA Win-OS/2 under Warp

> Thanks to everyone who responded.  Martin Smith mailed me his
> system.ini and I was able to figure out the problem.  Apparently
> the gamma copy of Warp with Win-OS/2 I have failed to add an
> entry for the WD90C24 driver.  The entries for the WD90C31 were
> there so I guess this is (was?) a bug in the installation program.
> I manually copied Martin's entry (4 lines) and it worked.

I have the gamma full pack but never installed it for this very reason.
All I needed was more strange bugs. Thus I have left WARP for windows
installed. I wish that I could find out what differences there are
between the gamma and GA releases.

> While I'm at it, has anybody gotten 1024x768 non-interlaced on
> an external monitor under Warp?  I've tried messing with the
> TP video stuff and the frate.dat file with the tpadvesa program
> but it doesn't seem to change anything except DOS mode stuff.

I called IBM on this (mobiles group). They said that non-interlace for
the thinkpad at 1024x768 is a known bug. While they assured me that
a update will be released soon, I couldn't get a date out of them.

Someone said that fixpack number six has been released. This could be as
connect shipped. I plan to go looking for it today....
--
Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com