IBM TP 750/750c batteries: $60 QTY AVAILABLE (fwd)

Saw this on comp.sys.laptops.  Sound like a good price except for the
fact that they're "like new"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 27 May 1995 23:05:30 -0400
From: JayKim <jaykim@aol.com>
Newgroups: comp.sys.laptops
Subject: IBM TP 750/750c batteries: $60  QTY AVAILABLE

- Please expand this window for best reading of this ad by clicking in the
box to the top right.

A little unusual for us, as Mac resellers, to be selling into the Intel
market, but we just brought into inventory some IBM brand ThinkPad
batteries for the ThinkPad 750 and 750c.  These are NiMH style, which
fortunately avoids the memory affect so often found in cheaper
Nickel-Cadmium style.  FRU p/n is 66G2820, and p/n otherwise is 66G2846.

Please do not ask me if they will work in other ThinkPads - I have no way
of knowing but assume not.  You may try this for more info: IBM -
800-765-4747    Phone 24 hrs; 7days; Online: AOL, Prodigy

Condition of these is like-new in opened IBM box.  Dealer cost is a cool
$150, with retail somewhere near $200, for these "True-Blue" batteries.
All have the plastic protector/cover to prevent accidental shorts while
being carried outside the notebook.

Warranty - "DOA" warranty only.

Price is as follows:
Qty 1-2 pricing - $79
Qty 3-5 pricing - $70
Qty 6-10 pricing - $65
Qty 11 or more pricing - $60

Note: Three pieces are loose without IBM box. Still like-new condition and
in our opinion, the best value if you intend to use these immediately and
not resell them.  We'll sell these for $60 each, but you must take all
three to get these.  DOA warranty still applies.

Please - counteroffer considered for entire lot only.  Or we'll trade two
(2) batteries for one (1) piece of 4-meg, 72-pin, 70ns SIMM or faster, up
t the entire inventory.  That's an incredible deal if you sell IBM parts.

Total pieces available are 30-40.

Terms: We ship COD-cash/money order/certified check (approved dealers and
previous customers-in-good-standing can pay company or personal check).
No credit cards or international sales.  Numerous references available,
both online and otherwise, upon request.

-------------------------------------
S H I P P I N G     O P T I O N S
-------------------------------------
2nd day air (guaranteed by 4:30 2nd business day) - $15
Std overnight (guaranteed by 4:30 next business day) - $25
FedEx P-1 (guaranteed by 12:00 next business day) - $40
Orders over $500 - we pay FedEx 2nd day air charges
UPS and Airborne - only by prepayment

Please email or call if interested.
Thanks,
jay at Texas Discount Computers
On AOL, conducting honest business, since January, 1990.
Hours:  8:30AM to 5:00 PM M-F CST
(903) 509-Appl(2775) - voice        (903) 509 - 2777 - fax