Re: 755CE & Lithuim Ion ?

> >From the message below, can I correctly assume that the new Lithium Ion
> battery (for the 755CX, i guess) can work in a stock 755CE ????  or do the
> LI batteries only work in  a 755CE which has been upgraded to a pentium?

> i though someone was saying that the charging logic for NiMH and LI are
> totally different....

	It is, but if they anticipated the CE model to take a lithium
battery in the near future, perhaps they built-in the necessary
logic/intelligence to adjust the charge methodology to accomodate
a lithium-ion battery.

> if it does work, what kind of improvement in battery life would i get in my
> 755CE with a LI -vs- the NiMH the machine shipped with?

	All things being equal, I'd say...oh, almost twice as long.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu                |   Practice random acts  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!) |        of senseless     |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm          |       viol...err..      |
    right, they should be yours too.)           |         kindness!       |