Car adaptors

  I was in Computer City today (and bought a Panasonic PCMCIA 2x CDROM!
I'll report my feelings on it once I get a chance to play) and looked at
a few DC->AC converters. They all were 40W units. Looking at my universal
AC adaptor that came with my TP750, it says it draws 1A at 100V. Unless
my math is off, that's 60W more than these inverters provide.

  Anyone try it yet, or are there adaptors that provide more wattage? Or
perhaps the 110v only adaptor has a lighter draw for some reason... I've
got the car adaptor for my 'pad, but I'd hate to see someone blow
something because of this...