RE: Windows 95

I am running a TP750Ce with a Dock-1

I just installed Windows 95 (final beta release) from scratch (that is, I
did a DELTREE on my WINDOWS directory).

I did the following:

1) installed Windows 95 from CD-ROM taking all the defaults

At this point, Everything kinda worked, except my PCMCIA slots, sound, and
COM port.

2) I installed the Audio Features from the Audio Features Diskette v 1.31

It didn't work at first, so I editted SYSTEM.INI and put the following in
[386enh] section:

device=tpaudvxd.386

All the other sections in SYSTEM.INI were set up OK, and all the files were
copied to the right place.  Just the [386enh] section was wrong.

3) I "Added new Hardware", and told it I had a COMMUNICATION port.

It didn't believe me at first, so I editted SYSTEM.INI and put the following
in [386enh] section:

;device=*vcd
device=ibmvcd.386

Note that I commented out the device=*.vcd
I copied ibmvcd.386 from the IBM Utility Disk 2 (of 2) release 2.00 to
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

it works.

4) I went into control panel, PCMCIA, and told it that it was supposed to be
on when docked.

I do not remember the exact steps... I hacked at it until it worked...

So the question is... Did I miss anything?

Timothy Nelson
Chief Scientist, SHL Systemhouse Corp.
internet: tnelson@shl.com