Re: Preinstalled Windows 3.10 or 3.11?

>Silly question: when I ask Windows what version it is, I get 3.10, but
>when I use the diskette factory, I get 3.11 disks.  So, what is really
>pre-installed on 755 series machines, 3.10 or 3.11?  If 3.10, is it
>worth going to 3.11?
>
>Thanks,
>Eugene Fiume.

i downloaded the 3.11 upgrade from microsoft, unpacked the some of the core
.dll files that get upgraded in \windows\system, and compared them to the
files that came pre-installed on my thinkpad 755CE.

i did not do an exhaustive compare, but the 4 or 5 files which i did
randomly compare had the same file size & date as the files in the 3.11
upgrade kit.  also note that the netware 4.0 and above drivers are present
pre-installed on the thinkpad; these drivers were certainly not part of the
original windows 3.1 distribution!

thus, my guess is that at least what the 755CE/CsE/CD machines came
preinstalled with is actually 3.11.

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility