Re: "Cat's Tongue" TrackPoint Caps

At 11:42 PM 4/13/95, Randal Whittle wrote:

>	I don't suppose anybody has a bunch of these and would like
>to part with a few (I'll pay)?
>
>	I'm curious what having one is like (I have a 750C--boring
>old stuff ;) and I'd rather not spend the gold-like prices based on
>Troy-ounce weight of rubber according to IBM.  :)

I purchased a 360C a couple months ago which comes stanard with the TPII
caps.  I had been following this group for awhile, so I knew the difference,
so I ordered a few up here in Canada.  The total came to $22 CDN (about $16
US).  I have to say that it was the best purchase I have made after the
machine itself.  They may be expensive, but if you are like me and tend to
use the machine for hours at a time they are definitely worth paying IBM the
high cost for them.  When I ordered them they said there was a two week back
order, but they were shipped priority overnight and arrived two days later.

David S. Crombie
dcrombie@canuck.com

All I want is the chance to prove that money can't buy happiness.