Re: MWAVE and OS2

> If anyone has experience with getting MWAVE to run under OS2,
> I'd appreciate some tips.

Sorry I can't help with the MWAVE problem...my lowly 360 wouldn't
know what to do with an MWAVE chip it had one ;)  (Now that I think
about it, maybe this does help, as you should be consoled by the
fact that you have a 755CE and not a 360C!)

> Overall, I like OS2, probably because it feels more like UNIX than the others;
> but the screen driver only supports 8-bit colour, so I find myself going back
> to Windows.  My main reason for getting it was for the extras bundled in with
> it, but given the effort I've put in to it, I have a feeling I'd have been
> better off going straight to Linux.  So it goes.

I got a kick outta this as a result of my experience with Linux here
at work.  I've been trying to help a fellow OS/2 user to set up Linux
on one of his Gateway PC's, and it's been a struggle to (among other
things) get the video configured correctly.  Since we are predominately
UNIX-oriented here, he figured it would be easier network this machine
with Linux than with OS/2.  Anyway, to just come right to the point, I
wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard him say "I would've been
better off with OS/2."  (If I had two dollars for every utterance, I too
could probably afford a 755CE before very much longer!)

This is not to say that one OS is superior to the other; rather, it's
to point out that the grass always seems to be greener on the other
side...

Good luck with your MWAVE problems.

--
Karl E. Yeanoplos