Re: Introductory Information (ExSum: Nothing yet!)

> i'm leaning toward either the 360 or 750 series due to cost
> considerations but haven't decided if the 750's 33mhz (is that
> right?) and bigger screen are a better configuration than the newer
> 360's 25/50mhz dx2 and smaller screen.

	If that is the only consideration (i.e., price isn't a factor),
then get the 750--it is a great machine and that screen is a *lot* better
than 8.5 inches--heck, just seeing the different between the 9.5 inch
screen and the 10.5 inch screen made me switch from a Cs to a C (but
of course, the active matrix was an improvement too).

>  but i've looked at a lot of
> systems and haven't found any that i like as well as the thinkpads.

	You're in good company here.  ;)

> except for the powerbooks of course but they don't run unix.  yet.

	What about A/UX?  (Apple's Unix.)  Won't it run on a sufficiently
configured Powerbook?

	Even then, I wouldn't buy a Powerbook until they get a PowerPC
chip into those things.  Anything less is buying an obsolete machine
right off the bat.  The 68K chips are dead--or will be *very* soon--
as far as Macs are concerned.  I can see Apple no longer even *making*
a machine with a Motorola 68K chip inside of 2 years--maybe less.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       Y'know, Tuna just      |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|    doesn't taste the same    |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |      since they took the     |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |          Dolphin out!        |