Re: carrying cases

At 01:16 PM 2/3/95 -0500, Mark Tran wrote:
>Does anyone have that IBM thinkpad briefcase for $199?  If so, could you
>please e-mail your comments on it.  I basically want it to be just big
>enough for my thinkpad and a few miscellaneous things (in other words, I
>want it to be pretty small).  Thanks in advance for all help.

I have one, I really like it.  It fits like this:

     +--+
+------------+
|@@|#######| |
|@@|#######| |
|@@|#######| |
|  |#######| |
|  |#######| |
|  |#######| |
+------------+

# = pad, @ = power supply.

I also carry disks, 25' phone cord, wallet, and a water bottle :)

It's made of nice stuff, has a great, soft-foam handle, good shoulder-strap,
3 pockets for floppies/business cards, inside pocket for papers, outside for
whatever..

The bottom has those hard rubber knobbly feet, and it's all very sturdy.

That said.. :)

I do think 199 is a bit steep.
--
jesse montrose         jesse@spine.com http://www.hooked.net/people/jesse
                     I don't recycle.  I'm a consumer, damn it, I consume