TP360CE, NetBSD-1.0 and Trackpoint mouse devices

I have just installed NetBSD-1.0 and XFree8-3.1 on my TP360CE.
Everything seems to work fine except for the Trackpoint mouse device.
So far I have managed to configure(*) the original PS/2 AUX driver
that is distributed with the NetBSD-1.0 kernel sources in such way
that I can enjoy using the Trackpoint during an X session.  However,
when I quit the X session and return to the console, the keyboard is
locked up.  I have not found a way to unlock it except for rebooting
the machine.  I took a quick look at the sources mentioned in the
TP750 FAQ (q6.2), but they seem to only work with NetBSD-0.9.  Has
anyone ported this software to NetBSD-1.0?  ...or are there other
things I should be aware of here?

(*) well, I install the driver without actually probing for a device.
It does not seem to be recognized by the original NetBSD-1.0 PS/2 AUX
driver either.

BTW, drop me a mail if you would like to have a copy of my XF86Config
file for XFree8-3.1.

Thanks,

-- Arne
|    Arne Helme, arne@acm.org, arne@pegasus.esprit.ec.org (finger)     |
|    PHONE: +31-53-893735, FAX: +31-53-333895, HOME: +31-53-326377     |
|    WWW  : http://www.pegasus.esprit.ec.org/people/arne/index.html    |
| Inf/SPA, Univ. of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands |