Lots of questions...

I have a TP755C, 20Mb RAM, DOCK I, PCMCIA ethernet card, SMC Ultra
ethernet card in the docking station which I sometimes swap with the
controller for an HP Scanjet IIcx, external SCSI CD ROM and lots of
questions to go with it. Hopefully someone can help...

I want to install OS/2 and DOS/Windows on separate partitions, using Boot
Manager to select between the two.  I have a new 810Mb disk for this.

Currently I have a 540Mb disk with PC DOS and Windows installed.  This
has proved to be a very unreliable set-up -- the system crashes a great
deal (especially in Windows :-) and I've had lots of problems getting
enough free memory for everything to run correctly.

So,

1)  Is there any point installing MS-DOS and WfW 3.11 instead of PC-DOS
    and Windows 3.1 ?  Is it likely to be more reliable ?

2)  If I do install MS-DOS rather than PC-DOS, can I still use the power
    management stuff and if so, how ?  Are there other things I won't
    be able to use ?

3)  If I have to use PC DOS, how do I go about transferring it from my
    (single partition) 540Mb disk to a 300Mb partition on my 810Mb disk ?

4)  How do I get DOS/Windows (either sort) to recognised my CD ROM
    drive ?

5)  When I install OS/2, what's the correct selection for the soundcard
    type ?  The install program suggests the Crystal Semi 4231, but
    nowhere in the documentation does it tell me what the Thinkpad sound
    system is.

6)  I assume that it's correct to install the OS/2 versions of the
    Audio and Video Features software.  Is there anything else I should
    install under OS/2 ?  (DOCK I options ?)

7)  I'm trying to install IBM C Set++ v2.1 for OS/2.  However, the
    multimedia tutorial won't work properly.  It asks for the audio
    device number when installed, suggesting a default of 1, but how
    do I find out if this is correct ?  Will it work at all ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
James.

--
 "Yield to temptation --             |     jfid@mfltd.co.uk
  it may not pass your way again"    |  http://www.mfltd.co.uk/~jfid/

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell