WARP, 3com 3c589, TCPIP for OS2 2.0 - Question

There has been quite a bit of traffic on this subject, but I'm still
confused, and our SysAdmin type refuses to deal with os2.

I have a 3c589 PCMCIA combo ethernet card, and I have installed IBM's TCPIP
for OS2 v 2.0 on my 750.  I also have the dos/win access kit.  No driver
for the 3com card comes with the TCPIP package.  I called 3com, and they
told me that the os2 NDIS driver they have has bugs, and they will have a
fixed version later this week or next week.  (the 3com people were very
helpful and honest).  Looking over my mail, I see that many of you are
currently using 3c589's under warp.  How do you do it?  Please be detailed,
as I am rather weak on this network stuff, and the architecture of os2 is
rather mysterious to a dos person.

Since installing TCPIP for os2, I have gotten an error on boot which is
something like:

SYS1201: Device driver D:\tcpip\bin\vdostcp.vdd specified...on line 101 was
not installed.  Line 101 ignored.

D:\tcpip\bin\vdostcp.vdd does exist on my hard disk, and the paths match in
the config.sys command.  The DEVICE=...vdostcp.vdd occurs only once in the
config.sys file.  The question is, why doesn't this vdd install?

I have not yet downloaded the revised pcmcia.sys and icrmu01.sys files as
suggested by Chris Hanson.  I assume that this fixes an unrelated problem,
which I will encounter as soon as I get all the other pieces in order.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Victor Kress
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20015-1305
(202) 686-2410 x2489