RE: OS2 on internet-false advertising

In message Wed, 14 Dec 1994 10:25:46 -0500,
  kress@ctpsun.ciw.edu (Victor Kress)  writes:

> Well from the sound of things, if one wants to use Warp on a LAN you need
> to buy additional software (TCPIP for OS2), which IBM sells for $207.

Don't tell me you buys stuff from IBM?  :-)  Many places have it for
considerably less.  ~$140.  IBM has been realigning all their networking
stuff for the last year or so so I suspect there is going to be more
repackaging and price cutting.

> This brings the total cost of a minimal net-capable system to $287, which
> compares with NT 3.5, which you can get for $99!  I'm fuming!  I feel

NT 3.5 for $99?
| | John H. Kim    "None of what you are seeing is actually happening." |
| | jokim@mit.edu        - disclaimer for TV movie 'Without Warning'    |
| | jokim@uni.uiuc.edu     jokim@tuna.mit.edu does not work (yet)       |