RE: OS2 on internet-false advertising

> Well from the sound of things, if one wants to use Warp on a LAN you need
> to buy additional software (TCPIP for OS2), which IBM sells for $207.  This
> brings the total cost of a minimal net-capable system to $287, which
> compares with NT 3.5, which you can get for $99!  I'm fuming!  I feel
  IBM was targetting the home user this time around.  Home users normally
  don't have a full-blown TCP/IP connection :-) so getting them onto the
  Internet  via SLIP is a valid choice...
  They'll do the ooh ahh thing at demos when you can do the equivalent
  of multitasking over a serial line (SLIP).  I've actually seen this happen..
  You'll probably want to wait for the Warp Lan Client which is due out in
  Q1.  Other people (like me) have hacked TCP/IP 2.0 onto Warp to get
  simultaneous SLIP and TCP/IP (and it doesn't cost $207...only about
  $140).
  Another thing you could do if you have a SLIP capable system at
  school, is to dial into it via Warp's Other Provider option (preferably
  through a null-modem).  Not quite as fast as a direct link, but not that
  bad, either...my SLIP link through a 28.8K  modem is actually faster
  than the Internet link here..

 ken