Re: Use of the list by TP3xx users

> I think the welcome letter is merely a reflection of a need for
> revision since it was made before the 3xx series was equipped with
> the same sort of equipment as the tp75x series.

The welcome letter currently reads as follows, and has since at least
August 12.  (I think the following paragraph is actually a bit older)

] This list is for general discussion among ThinkPad 75X owners and users,
] including the various TP750, TP755, and TP360 models.  These models are
] internally very different from the 350, 500, and 720 series machines, and
] much of the stuff discussed here won't apply to the latter group of
] machines.

Note that the 360 model is explicitly included.

Suggestions for edits to the above paragraph are welcome; please
just send them to me unless you really think the list needs to
argue about it.

As for the problem of off-topic posts:  this list has one of the highest S/N
ratios of any I've seen.

Keith Moore