Re: Setup for soundcard

> >The default settings for the ThinkPad 755 is I/O address 0030-003F, IRQ 10,
> >with DMA channel 0 for playback and DMA 1 for capture.
>
> >Unfortunately, you'll find that the audio is incompatible with most DOS based
> >games.
>
> True enough.  The ones that do generally work in my experience
> have been the ones that automatically find the right configuration
> (such as Wolfenstein).  And of the ones that don't auto-config,
> most any setting will work (if it'll work at all).
>
> I'm curious as to what the new DSP card will be like.
>
> >Has anyone every gotten DOOM to work on a ThinkPad ??? :)
>
> Just have to wait for DOOM/2.  That'll be reason alone for TP
> owners everywhere to switch over...  :)

I've been playing DOOM2 on my 755C for a month now!  The sound _still_
won't work! :(

BTW, its more entertaining to see the expressions on the faces of the people
next to you on the plane when they see DOOM running on a 10" active matrix
color display...

| Robert George            |  Army Research Laboratory              |
| robertg@assb01.arl.mil   |  AMSRL-SS-IC                           |
| Voice: (408) 656-3316    |  2800 Powder Mill Road                 |
| Fax:   (408) 656-2814    |  Adelphi, MD 20783-1197                |

A designer knows when he has achieved perfection not when there is
        -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery